Our responsibilities as your commercial property manager ensure that you do not need to be inundated with the complications of tenant complaints and issues.
We are here to make your building profit the best it can by taking responsibility for the details of leasing, collecting rent, qualifying potential renters, and upkeep of the building on the property for you. With mutually determined site specific hours, our management team can be more effective.
With our on and off site services we act on your behalf to ensure the owner-tenant relationship is maintained.
Specific duties to be performed by Property Management subject to direction of the Board:
Property Management Team
- Provide you with a knowledgeable property management team
- Site specific hours will be mutually determined dependent on the assignment of the site Manager.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Prepare a preventative maintenance program designed to minimize costly replacement and/or repair work.
- Obtain quotations and make recommendations to the Board and liaise with the contractors to ensure work is performed as proposed.
- Supervise and liaise with service providers for the day-to-day work schedules.
- Frequently liaise with all contractors to ensure that the highest level of services is provided at the lowest possible cost to the corporation.
- Comprehensive accounting reporting system to the Board using YARDI Voyager
- Easy-to-read monthly management and financial reports sent electronically and including the full year to date general ledger.
- Prepare annual budgets for Board’s approval. All budgets are prepared using a sophisticated Zero Based Budgeting model.
- Collect monthly common expenses, other revenues and pay expenses.
- Perform regular banking and make recommendations for reserve fund investments.
- Send reminders for outstanding payments and issue Form 14 when applicable. Arrange for lien process should the arrears exceed 45 days.
- Prepare cheques for all payments on a timely basis.
- Corporation cheques are printed by our office, helping to reduce the cost of purchasing cheques from the bank.
- Provide condominium with pre-authorized payment plan, where owners may provide one void cheque and monthly fees will be automatically withdrawn.
- Ensure training is scheduled for all site service providers, etc
Analysis and Planning
- Oversee expenses to adhere to budget. All budget analysis is based on a weighted budget model.
- Implementation of reserve fund study.
- Review and make recommendation of current utility market rates.
- Review and make suggestions on efficient spending and implement cost cutting strategies and procedures.
- Review and make recommendations on numerous energy conservation and efficiency solutions.
- Provide the Board with 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency contact and response.
- Keep the Board updated on important Corporation issues.
- Meet with the Board of Directors quarterly and as required.
- Communicate with individual owners on a daily basis with a mandate to return all calls within 24 hours.
- Take action on any issue that arises by way of resident, board member or staff immediately.
- Provide various channels of communication including email and Internet.
- Enforce the corporation's declaration, bylaw and rules to a level that meets the Board of Director’s expectations. Property Management
- will also make suggestions when a new rule/policy may need to be implemented and to ensure that the Condominium Act requirements are complied with.
- Provide residents and the Board with a customer service approach that is second to none. This is accomplished with proven
- measures such as a quick return call policy, immediate action philosophy, excellent board and resident communication, friendly and polite management staff, and a proactive maintenance plan.
- Carry out all directions of the Board in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the Board of Directors. CITY SITES will tailor the management style to the Board of Director’s instructions and directions.
- Schedule and organize the Annual General Meeting.
- Lobby/Hallway refurbishment
- Energy retrofits
- HVAC retrofits
- Lighting Retrofits
- IT and communication retrofits
- Electrical Retrofits
- Full window replacement
- Building Envelope replacement
- Riser replacement
- Landscaping refurbishment
- Balcony Restoration
- Roadway/Driveway replacement
- Amenity Refurbishment